We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses or minivans for single traveler

birmingham
Level Contributor
288 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Buses or minivans for single traveler

Do minivans wait until they are full or at set times?

I will be traveling from LP - VV and then VV - Vientiane early December and would like to reach my destination during daytime hours, so as to settle in and start a fresh the next day.

I've read about the VIP buses from LP-VV taking seven hours roughly and the VIP bus leaves 9,30. Does anyone know the other times or link to timetables? Also, for the VV - Vientiane buses.

Thank you in advance for your time and help

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses or minivans for single traveler

A time table for every occasion.

http://hobomaps.com/TravelLuangPrabang.html

Have fun

birmingham
Level Contributor
288 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses or minivans for single traveler

Inaspin - excellent, thank you

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses or minivans for single traveler

catch222 your itinerary reads a lot like mine at the moment.

My wife and I plan to visit Luang Prabang for a week or so before heading down to Veng Vieng for a week or so.

I don’t think 48 is too old to go tubing, if it was the cook and I would have locked up the last time we were there.

From Veng Vieng we’ll head towards Vientiane for a day or two. A bus to Paske, stay for a little while before moving on to Don Det.

I’ll be the border crossing into Cambodia then head straight to Siem Reap and then onto Battambang for a week or so before Bangkok and home.

I mention all this because I’ve had to do a little research over the last couple of days.

I’ll give you the sites that have helped me

http://hobomaps.com/

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1082249-i16467…

Have fun

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
8,109 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses or minivans for single traveler

I would try to get the proper bus drom LP to VV. Considering the windy road, I would have hated a minibus with hardly any legroom. I was lucky with the VIP bus at 9.30, it was comfy with good leg space - which makes the journey more bearable (scenery is great, but some might not enjoy the up and downs of the road).

birmingham
Level Contributor
288 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses or minivans for single traveler

Thanks all.....

birmingham
Level Contributor
288 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses or minivans for single traveler

Inaspin - I'm doing a very similar trip to yours just shorter in each place. This might help in your Don Det to Siem Reap travel tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293939-i9162-k725…

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses or minivans for single traveler

Thank you catch222

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1082249-i16467…

Have fun

8. Re: Buses or minivans for single traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 06:17