We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few day trip to Laos from Thailand - visa question

Nottingham
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Few day trip to Laos from Thailand - visa question

Hi,

If I have a 30 day visa in Thailand, fly straight to Laos, then go back to Thailand by land how will my Thai visa be affected? Will I be issued with a new 14 day Thai visa or will original 30 day one still count?

Many thanks

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,151 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Few day trip to Laos from Thailand - visa question

Hi,

You don't make it clear if you will actually land and enter Thailand before you go to Laos, if you stay in transit then you won't enter Thailand until your return and so your visa will only be activated then. If you do enter Thailand first - even to collect luggage and board an onward flight then you visa will be activated and once you leave Thailand the visa will be cancelled (unless it's a double entry visa).

You pick up your Laos visa on arrival and then when you return to Thailand on a UK passport you will get a free 30 day visa waiver stamp as long as you have a flight out within the 30 days. UK being a G7 country you should get 30 days either at a land border or an airport. Proof of a flight out used to not be asked for at border posts but since the crack down on visa waiver and visa runs the Thai immigration officials are applying the rules more forcefully.

Cheers

Nottingham
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Few day trip to Laos from Thailand - visa question

Hi Paul,

I will be entering Thailand before going to Laos. Thanks very much, that's really useful info!

3. Re: Few day trip to Laos from Thailand - visa question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 05:17