We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prebook hotel or not

Dublin
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Prebook hotel or not

Do you advise booking accommodation in advance or is it a good idea to arrive in Vientiane and then look. I ask this because we may be delayed coming from Thailand overland.

Thanks,

Cathy

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prebook hotel or not

Cathy-

When are you going? If it is in high season, Nov.~Feb. then book ahead. If it is a mid-range or higher hotel, it is also a good idea to book ahead as those places fill up fast.

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,221 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prebook hotel or not

As Maneki says, it depends on the time of the year. It is also largely up to you. personally I prefer to book regardless of the season as i don't like wasting my time in searching for accommodation.

Brundish
Level Contributor
223 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prebook hotel or not

I find Agoda very good for booking hotels whilst on holiday

Dublin
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Prebook hotel or not

OK. We are going in November so will follow your advice.

Many thanks everyone.

Cathy

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
238 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prebook hotel or not

If you expect to arrive late, then don't book ahead, you'll lose your reservation. You could prebook last-minute, when you're pretty sure you'll arrive in time. You will risk the popular places filling up though.

6. Re: Prebook hotel or not

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 06:16