We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking with Laos Airlines

Which Vientiane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Booking with Laos Airlines

After weeks of research and indecision, I eventually settled on an itinerary, settled down at my laptop with my passport and credit cards........ and Laos airlines is driving me crazy!

I've tried one Visa debit card and two Mastercard credit cards and all are being rejected. I know it's not the cards (I use them often enough to know they are ok!), so what to do?

Any advice?

Thanks

Trisha

Edited: 02 November 2012, 09:28
Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,092 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking with Laos Airlines

How far ahead are you trying to book? Lao Airlines does not accept bookings of more than 3 months in advance.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking with Laos Airlines

Trying to book for 8th December.

I checked with my C/C issuer and no requests for payment have been refused by them.

I checked prices with Expedia, Opodo and Thai Air and they are all much more expensive. The route is pricey anyway for a 70 minute flight - I can do without paying the extra!

Thanks

Trisha

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,237 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking with Laos Airlines

which browser are you using .. I can't remember which one it is but I recall some previous posters having trouble with one of them. It's worth checking since you are well inside the 90 days.

good luck

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking with Laos Airlines

I have tried IE and Google Chrome. I also remember discussions about which browser to use and the recommended one was IE.

I have e-mailed Lao Airlines, so hopefully they'll come back to me with a solution. I keep you updated.....

Trisha

Oregon
Level Contributor
304 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking with Laos Airlines

I ordered a ticket from the US a few weeks ago. While my CC company initially rejected the charge, after a phone call the charge was approved and I received an email with a reservation number and the routing. I used a Visa card. I had previously sent several emails to Laos Airlines with other questions and they were not responded to. You might try a different credit card if you have access to one.

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,092 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking with Laos Airlines

The browser issue has long been resolved. Funny, I booked a flight with them yesterday evening with no difficulty.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking with Laos Airlines

I tried 3 cards on 2 separate days - 1 visa debit and 2 Mastercard. My C/C wasn't refused - I phoned the issuer and no request had been made.

I have had a reply to my e-mail asking me to try a different card - I hadn't told them I had tried 3. I have now told them and so hopefully they'll come back to me.

It's not easy flying into Laos eh?!

Thanks.

Trisha

malaysia
Level Contributor
153 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking with Laos Airlines

When I had trouble booking direct using my credit cards, I email Laos airlines which gave me two of their ticketing agents ;

1. exceltravelus@yahoo.com in Fresno, california, US

2. treasure travel laos . its email address is info@treasuretravellaos.com.

According to Laos Airlines, both are reliable.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,529 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking with Laos Airlines

That's interesting.

I have had a quick look at treasure travel laos and will contact them.

Did you actually book tickets through one of the agents?

Thanks

Trisha

malaysia
Level Contributor
153 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking with Laos Airlines

No. Because their prices are sligthly more expensive than booking direct from the airline. I managed to purchase direct.