We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus or mini-van to Vang Vieng

Sydney
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bus or mini-van to Vang Vieng

Hi, we arrive into Wattay Airport at 9:10am and would like to travel on that morning to Vang Vieng. Do we arrive too late for VIP buses? My internet search indicates the last VIP bus leaves at 10:00am but not sure how accurate that information is. Otherwise, what times do the mini-vans depart and do these leave from the town centre?

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,941 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus or mini-van to Vang Vieng

I think another VIP bus leaves at 2pm, and some local buses leave Vientiane around 11am, 12.30 and 2pm. Minibuses leave near the bus station whenever they are full.

I am not sure what the local buses are like (took the VIP bus for that journey) - but personally I preferred using buses as Mini Vans can get very crowded with not a lot of leg room and personal space.

2. Re: Bus or mini-van to Vang Vieng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 05:16