We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Vietiane and Luang Prabang

Which Vientiane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chennai
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Vietiane and Luang Prabang

Hello ! We are travelling to Laos beginning October. We plan to stay in Vientiane for a couple of days and then go to Luang Prabang. Onward to LP we plan to go by a private car because I have heard local buses are not very comfortable. Return journey we are taking a flight. Can someone advise us on the road journey part of it ? Where we can hire the car ? what will be the cost? where to make the stop overs on the way ?

Any other suggestions apart from this on places to visit are welcome... :)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
423 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Vietiane and Luang Prabang

I have no idea really, other than what I just read in this thread lying right below yours(:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293950-i11502-k73…

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
90 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Vietiane and Luang Prabang

The buses are not that bad.

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Vietiane and Luang Prabang

You can hire a car with driver at any of the travel agents in Vientiane, or from your hotel or guest house. Vientiane - LP will cost about $250 maximum. You can also call a taxi firm and ask a day or two in advance and they will take you - most of them have brand new cars.

But as #2 says, the buses are no worse than buses in any other developing country, and a great deal cheaper.

4. Re: Trip to Vietiane and Luang Prabang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 05:15