We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay at Penang??

Australia
Level Contributor
467 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay at Penang??

Hi I've been reading the reviews on this site and asia.com and have found conflicting reviews about the eastern and oriental hotel in georgetown...

Has anyone got advice about where to stay in Penang?

Or any had recent dealings with the E&O?

Is 5 nights to long to stay there?

Am planning a 2 week holiday in january and am looking at 5 nights Mondarin oriental in KL, 5 nights in Penang and 5 nights in KK at the Tanjung Ari.

Any suggestions to this itinerary or hotel choices would be welcome.

London
Level Contributor
8,719 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay at Penang??

I have not stayed at E and O but is has a very good reputation.

The thing to consider is the E and O is in Penang town. The majority of tourist hotels are at Ferringhi beach.

So do you want to be in centre of town or did you want a beach break. If you prefer to be on the beach I would suggest the Golden Sands hotel at Ferringhi.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay at Penang??

The E& O is in Georgetown, this is the old colonial style place that has been refurbished, I only went in with Malaysian friends for a snack, it's expensive, do note it is in Georgetown and not in the beach areas, if you want to be on and near the beaches the resorts at Batu Ferringhi would be where to stay