We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking flights with Air Asia

London
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Booking flights with Air Asia

Hiya

I'm having some real problems trying to book my flights with air asia. I want to book flights between peninsular and borneo malaysia and they are by far the cheapest flights going.. however.. when i came to book on their website you needed a credit card which i dont have, so i asked my dad to book them on my behalf on his credit card... however, the system was constantly crashing and saying it had booked then it hadnt and all sorts of rubbish.. does anyone know of a third party i could book them through? rather than paying the high prices of MAS ??? Thanks in advance!!!

Penang
Destination Expert
for Penang Island
Level Contributor
860 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking flights with Air Asia

Try email to airasia.

ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking flights with Air Asia

go to Singapore SILK AIR FLYS TO Sabah

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking flights with Air Asia

I'm not quite sure if AirAsia accepts a third party's credit card, especially if the credit card holder is not travelling. I'd email them or better yet, call them. Their booking system sometimes go into overload especially during peak season (it's peak season now ... Chinese New Year hols) so you may like to try again next week.

You should be aware that SilkAir is not a low-cost airline (I don't think they fly to Sarawak or Sabah ... if that's where you want to go).

Malaysia
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking flights with Air Asia

A couple of mths back, I was able to purchase a ticket for my daughter using my credit card, and I was not travelling with her.

Address need to be per the credit card billing, otherwise booking can be rejected during the verification process with the bank.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking flights with Air Asia

Hi

Definitely not a problem using third party credit card. There maybe some mistakes during the input which can cause error page, try to read all the fields carefully before submitting. Of course, if the server is overloaded, error can occur too.

On the other hand, did you check if there is already a booking in the account. Check under account history as sometimes even if credit card payment has not gone through, the booking becomes "pending for payment" which can be resolved by resubmitting later.

6. Re: Booking flights with Air Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 19:17