We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I do within a day?

bkk
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Can I do within a day?

I reserve the room at Swiss Garden Hotel in KL.Can So when I travel to somewhere I will come back to this hotel and I stay for 8D7N.Can I go to Penang or Malaka within a day? and where should I go in there? Please advise me.

Thanks advance for all suggestions.

Kee

Bearsden, Glasgow
Level Contributor
631 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I do within a day?

Malacca is possible to do as a day trip, Penang is not. Even if you took the first bus to Penang and the last bus back at night, it would leave no time to see anything and all your time would spent on the bus getting there and coming back. If I were you, I would only consider Penang if you stay there for one night (minimum). Hope that helps.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,249 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I do within a day?

It is possible to do a day trip to Melaka but I would not recommend you to do a day trip to Penang. Even if you have your own car, it would take you about 3.5-4 hours drive to Penang.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I do within a day?

Hi Kee,

7 nights are very long for KL. It is a much smaller city compared to Bangkok. I recommend you to take the hop on and off bus (ask hotel where to board it) for a day so that you know where the attractions are.

For day trips, Malacca is recommended (take bus from nearby Puduraya and return in the evening), so is a day trip to Putrajaya (take train from KL Sentral station), Fireflies tour (must join tour) and Batu Cave (take bus or taxi). Genting is also fine for a day tour when you want a slightly cooler day. You can take bus from Puduraya or KL Sentral.

Penang is 5 hours from KL on bus, so you cannot do a day trip, Melaka is like a miniture of Penang where attractions are within walking distance once you take the hop on and off bus from Melaka Sentral station. Like the Kl hop on and off, go one full round first and get off at places you like.

http://www.kuala-lumpur.ws/attractions/

www.visit-malaysia.com/kl-tours/beyond-kl.htm

bkk
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I do within a day?

Thanks a lot AlexMcca, your advice help me so much. I will take your info to do.I have a question Can I go to Penang by air? How much estimate?

Penang
Destination Expert
for Penang Island
Level Contributor
882 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I do within a day?

check on www.airasia.com flight

the cheapest you can get (return ticket - MYR9.99 (ticket) + MYR 45++ fuel charge) would be around MYR 120, that's excluding you take a cab to LCCT and Penang Airport to town

6. Re: Can I do within a day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 09:17