We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malaysia trip 26th sep to 10 oct 2008

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
malaysia trip 26th sep to 10 oct 2008

Hello in Malaysia peninsula sep/oct

our itinery is KL 1 and half days

Penang 4 days

Langkawi 5 days

Kl -2 and half days

Question - what would be your favourite day in these places? (what would you do?)

Dont even bother to think what I would want, just tell me your ideas and I will just pick and choose.

p.s. I will value your opinions and be grown up enough to not come back to you if not happy, its so subjective I know!

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
787 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: malaysia trip 26th sep to 10 oct 2008

KL

- Petronas Twin Towers petronas.com.my/internet/…

- KL Tower

http://www.menarakl.com.my/

- Chinatown

- Central Market

- KLCC & Bukit Bintang area for shopping

http://www.suriaklcc.com.my/

Penang

- Penang Hill

- the beaches

- Kek Lok Si temple

- hawkers food

- Khoo Kongsi

http://www.khookongsi.com.my/

Langkawi

- Cable car ride to Mat Chinchang

http://www.langkawicablecar.com.my/

- Pulau Payar Marine Park

http://www.malaysiasite.nl/payar.htm

Hope the above helps. Enjoy your holiday

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: malaysia trip 26th sep to 10 oct 2008

Penang - Kek Lok Si temple or Fort Cornwall and a walk past all the old buildings, eating Little India my favourite place to eat roti's or satays and drink tea tarik or lemon iced tea.

K.L - my most enjoyable outings have been the Fire Flies at Kuala Selangor, book a taxi or tour - wil leave KL approx 3pm, go to Bukit Melawati as well and feed the monkeys, have tea somewhere nice, seafood? then he fireflies - back to KL about 10-ish, in time for a night cap before going to bed.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,119 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: malaysia trip 26th sep to 10 oct 2008

Hi (am I allowed to join in. . . . ?)

Penang

A day walking around Georgetown - Fort Cornwallis, historial shop houses, clan houses and clan jetties, tea at the E&O, shopping in the Praglin mall, but mainly just walking and see where your feet take you and stopping to snack or drink when you want

A day visiting Penang Hill and Kek Lok Si temple - hire a taxi for the day and not a trip

A half day visiting Gurney - shopping mall and recling buddha

Night - either at Gurney Drive hawkers or walk along Batu Ferringhi restaurants and the night market

Kuala Lumpur

A half day shopping and wandering about the malls in Bukit Bintang

A half day visiting the KLCC area with the Petronas Twin Towers, KLCC park, Sura KLCC mall

A half day to KL Menara tower

A walk from Little India and Sogo via Independence Square/Sultan Abdul building/Royal Selangor Club/Kuala Lumpur Railway Station - Colonial heritage, to Central Market and then on to . . .

. . . A afternoon and evening in Chinatown

A whole day or half if you just visit bits, Lake Gardens/Orchid & Hibiscus Gardens/Bird-Butterfly-Deer parks

Langkawi

The cable car ride

Boat trip to the islands

Day out of some description with Blue Water sailing

Afternoon / evening wandering round Kuah with a meal at Wonderland

Sitting by the pool reading a book

Have a great one, I know you will.

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,588 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: malaysia trip 26th sep to 10 oct 2008

For info, Penang Hill Railway is closed for maintenance work - no indication of when it will re-open....... but might be around mid October.

An Alternative - with a car & driver - go to the Snake Temple and then on to the WW 2 museum/fortress at Batu Maug.

Lunch at the fishermens village and then along the south coast to look at some of Penangs most attractive beaches.

You might also visit the Clan Jetties, Botanic Gardens (from here you can pay a silly price to get to the top of Penang hill by 4wheel drive), KOMTAR viewing platform plus the places mentioned above.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
685 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: malaysia trip 26th sep to 10 oct 2008

KL - Communication tower

sit and people watch out klcc and watch the sun and the clouds in the towers.

Penang - little india without a doubt for dosai and the smells and the saris

batu ferringhue for the night markets and the spring rolls at long beach

hawker food at gurney drive.

langkawi - trip to the island of the pregnant maiden (dont drink the water in less you want to get pregnant - it worked for me ! lol!!!)

cable car for the views on a nice day

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: malaysia trip 26th sep to 10 oct 2008

Many thanks for your replies and suggestions, reckon we need to get in training, but really looking forward to it.

Though will make sure get some R&R in too.

Hi Travelling Mitch - your comments are always welcome!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: malaysia trip 26th sep to 10 oct 2008

Hi dooley,

This year my partner and I are going back to Penang. In fact we leave Adelaide, Australia next tuesday 2/9/08 for 14 days. We went to Penang and KL last year. The only down side was picking Malaysia Airlines to travel with. Previous year we went with Singapore Air(they are great) We are staying at The Bayview Beach Resort. (this will be the third year in a row at the Bayview) The resort is far enough away so you don't have to listen to AHMIN( i think that is what it is called) morning and night. The taylor in the motel is a bit more expensive then what is avail on the streets but you get what you pay for. Still extremely cheap. If you love food and good quality food then we bothe recommend dining at THE FANTASY RESTAURANT, Ibrahm, Allen, Hannasar and rest of the staff are beautiful people and so is the food. Night markets are great, be prepared to haggle on price. Enjoy your trip.

8. Re: malaysia trip 26th sep to 10 oct 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 09:32