We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!! is AirAsia trying to cheat?

Singapore
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help!! is AirAsia trying to cheat?

Hi all, I am now in terrible condition. My entire family's flight to Macau from JB has been cancelled totally in Oct 2008. They said that will offer 2 options as compensation and ask me to call their given hotlines number within 3 months. I tried numerous times but unable to get through as the call waiting time is so long, just imagine it could be upto an hour yet still waiting for their sales representative, many times the line just cut off. Last Friday, I finally get them, they ask me to call another number instead 603-86604554 which seems to be an unattended number, call 12 times on last Saturday and Today (Monday).. no answer. Are they trying to cheat the customer? Anyone has the similar experience? Could we make a join complaint to Malaysian Ministry of Transport?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!! is AirAsia trying to cheat?

Have you tried calling these numbers:

Singapore office 67339933 and Malaysia support service +60386604388 (9am -6pm Mon-Friday)?

Else, go to their office directly, they have an office in Changi and complain to the manager. Bring your booking details and the e-mail refering to your compensation.

Written on the AirAsia website:

What is AirAsia policy if a flight is cancelled?

Answer :

In the event of a flight cancellation, we shall at our option, either:

a) Carry you at the earliest possible opportunity on the next available AirAsia flight without additional charges to you and where necessary, extend the validity of your booking

b) offer to retain the value of the fare you paid in a credit account for your future travel provided that you must re-book within three (3) months therefrom should you choose to travel on another time.

Hope it helps.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!! is AirAsia trying to cheat?

Hi,

I have my flight from Kuching to Bali cancelled and Air Asia sent me an sms to call which I don't have the number now.

You can try calling or emailing the guest support line, not the general line for booking flights which takes forever to get through as there are many people who don't like to use or do not know how to book online!

When I called, I got the staff doing the refund within minutes as the options are not viable for me. I got back the money to credit card within a month.

Air Asia (Malaysia hub) is certainly one of the best budget airlines for me having flown those in Europe (Ryan Air and EasyJet), Cebu Pacific and Jetstar.

The flights are usually on time or early for those departing from and to KL. The staff have none of the pretentiousness and arrogance of MAS or SIA and you can sleep or eat when you like. Even though I have lived in Singapore for two years, I have not flown Tiger Airways because its timings suck and prices are not as attractive as Air Asia or Jetstar.

3. Re: Help!! is AirAsia trying to cheat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 14:23