We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 week holiday in February...where do i go in Asia?

london
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
2 week holiday in February...where do i go in Asia?

Hey

I have 2 weeks holiday the last 2 weeks in february. I am 27yrs old, would love sun, beach, good night life. Would like a couple of days in a big city then straight to the beach. I dont mind travelling around to get a bit of variety. I heard the Perhentians islands are worth a look but quiet on a night and the weather unpredictable?

I have been to Thailand so would like to try somewhere else in Asia? any help much appreciated. thanks

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,568 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 week holiday in February...where do i go in Asia?

Hi

You may find Malaysia a bit tame. Nightlife is not that great, beaches are not that fabulous.

The Perhentians will probably still be closed for the monsoon - and are very quiet at night anyway.

Thailand is a better 'bet'.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 week holiday in February...where do i go in Asia?

As TM said, Malaysia will be "tame". Have you checked out Bali (Indonesia) or Hoi An (Vietnam) if you've already been to Thailand?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 week holiday in February...where do i go in Asia?

I would recommend Bali.

london
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 week holiday in February...where do i go in Asia?

when does monsoon season end>? last 2 weeks of february is when i go, will the weather be bad??

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 week holiday in February...where do i go in Asia?

Not a question of "how bad is the weather" ... the question should be "when will the hotels on Perhentian open". Generally first week to middle week of March. Sometimes end Feb. All depends on whether the monsoons decide on stay on a little while longer!!

6. Re: 2 week holiday in February...where do i go in Asia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2011, 05:17