We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maylasia end of July 2011, anyone else?

Christchurch
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Maylasia end of July 2011, anyone else?

hi there

I booked cheap flights from Christchurch to KL, arriving 24th July 2011.

Anyone else going to be around then?

Asia had never interested me, so now it is arrrgh where do I go, what do I do!

Would love to chat with other travellers and hopefully meet up with some there!!

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maylasia end of July 2011, anyone else?

Since your posted in Malaysia forum, i pressume you are coming to Malaysia for your holiday.

What to do and where to go? Start from the beginning, how many days? how many of you? what is your budget? what is your preference? is it shopping? food? beach? nature?

After you sort this out, then i suggest you have a good read in the forum FAQ, after the FAQ, i think at least 70% of your query would have been answered.

Post again in the forum with smaller questions, we would be more than happy to answer you.

Christchurch
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maylasia end of July 2011, anyone else?

Sorry, first time I have posted on here, I didnt think.

Yes flying into KL, I can spend all my time in Malaysia, or maybe head to Thailand for a few nites.

I fly in 23rd July, leave 3rd August.

On a budget, dont want to spend lots of money!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maylasia end of July 2011, anyone else?

I will be there a couple of weeks after you go home but here is our itinerary.

2 nights in Kuala Lumpur. Staying at the Mandarin Oriental. Hope to see the Batu Caves and have a nice dinner at Bijan Bar and Restaurant.

Travelling by train to Pennang. Staying here: http://www.straitscollection.com.my/index.htm

Doing Pennang just for the food with some sightseeing on the free hop on hop off bus :)

5 nights at Langkawi staying here: http://www.templetree.com.my/index.html

Flying back to KL for the flight back to UK.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Maylasia end of July 2011, anyone else?

hi

i am 46 yo male from sydney australia. travelling in malaysia at the moment & will be visiting thailand (bangkok, phuket, pattaya) & singapore until 10/8.

i am travelling alone & would be pleased to meet you.

please call me on my malaysian mobile: 011 16294280 or email at rogertriple@hotmail.com

cheers...

Roger

5. Re: Maylasia end of July 2011, anyone else?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 12:17