We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach destination in Malaysia

Bucharest
Level Contributor
28 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Beach destination in Malaysia

Hello everybody,

We are planning a trip to Singapore and Malaysia this year in August-September.

Besides Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, we would like to spend a few days at the beach, in Malaysia.

I need something not too far from Singapore (I would prefer not take an internal flight) and really nice (clear blue waters, white sand).

Could you advice me on that?

Thank you.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,024 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach destination in Malaysia

Pulau Tioman.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,214 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach destination in Malaysia

Hi

There is nothing really , without a good long trek or a flight, and certainly nothing with a decent beach, clear blue waters and white sand without at least a days travel (flight, taxi, ferry)

Sorry.

Bucharest
Level Contributor
28 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach destination in Malaysia

thanks.

what about Redang? which one is better?

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,214 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach destination in Malaysia

Similar

London
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach destination in Malaysia

Hi

There are islands closer than Tioman A couple of years ago I was working in Singapore and travelled to Pulau Sibu for a few days. I stayed at Sea Gypsy resort who arranged the transport. Nice beaches and good snorkeling.

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach destination in Malaysia

Perhentian Island and Redang Island much more better then Tioman Island in terms beaches and coral life.

Take firefly from Singapore to Kuala Terengganu,much more cheaper and save more time .

http://www.fireflyz.com.my/

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,024 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach destination in Malaysia

I quote the Original Poster:

"I need something not too far from Singapore (I would prefer not take an internal flight) and really nice (clear blue waters, white sand)."

This appears to rule out Redang and Perhentian, as both Perhentian and Redang are far from Singapore and may involve internal flights.

Just stick to Tioman or one of the islands in the Seribuat archipelago as mentioned by Kathryn. All are accessible from Mersing in Johor state.

Bucharest
Level Contributor
28 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach destination in Malaysia

Thank you very much for all the info.

9. Re: Beach destination in Malaysia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 19:17