We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

perhentians island or Langkawi in July

Nice, France
Level Contributor
153 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
perhentians island or Langkawi in July

Hi all,

I am now preparing my stay in Malaysia and Singapore from July 1 to July 30, 2012 Family of 2 adults and 2 adolscents!

My circuit would be Kuala +Taman negara + Cameron but then I do not know where to go for a beach holiday without having to drive 9 hours (by bus to the Perhentian from Taman Negara)!

I hesitate between Georgetown and back down to Langkawi then by plane to Singapore or reach the Perhentian fromTaman Negara but it's really very long bus ride and obviously no possibility of air from Taman Negara!

Thank you for your ideas and suggestions.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,560 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: perhentians island or Langkawi in July

Hi

Whatever way you look at it, becuase of your routing you have long journies!

Perhentians are difficult to get to, whatever! It is a long bus ride from Taman Negara, But even from Cameron Highlands its a long drive to either Penang or Langkawi.

Georgetown does not have a beach, but Batu Ferringhi migh be a better option on Penang as you have teenagers than Langakwi, or Perhentians - as both of these are very quiet!

Not really sure where you are ending up . . . but getting to Singapore is easy to get to from Penang and there are flights from Langkawi, Kota Bharu and Kuala Terengganu.

Have you discounted Kuantan / Cherating, Tioman or Redang as they would give a better circuit to your routing!

Have fun!

PS if you want to shortern Kuala Lumpur, then call it KL rather than Kuala!! Rather like calling Nice, nice rather than Nice!!

Nice, France
Level Contributor
153 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: perhentians island or Langkawi in July

Thank you !

I will check out Batu !

Redang Island
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: perhentians island or Langkawi in July

From Taman Negara or Cameron Highland both place have connecting by Shuttle Van to Perhentian Island only 6 hour journey.

You also have choice either to fly direct to Kota Bharu airport then to Perhentian Island only take 1 hour. From Perhentian Island also have connecting to Taman Negara or Cameron.

I not recommend you to Langkawi Island in term quality of beaches .Perhentian Island are the best for diving,snorkeling and beach holiday.

4. Re: perhentians island or Langkawi in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2012, 10:21