We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places outside KL of historic and cultural importance ?

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Places outside KL of historic and cultural importance ?

Hi All

Me and my wife would be traveling to Malaysia on Dec 17th. We plan to spend a day-day and half in KL, post which we would have some 2.5 days left, so thinking of exploring interior Malaysia. Both of us are interested in History and Architecture. Any place which comes to mind ? We did consider Langkawi, but neither of us are too keen on a beach holiday. Would rather prefer a small hill station or historic city/town. Any suggestions/tips would be welcome . Thanks !

Bala

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,232 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places outside KL of historic and cultural importance ?

Historic city = Melaka or Penang.

Hill station = Cameron Highlands

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places outside KL of historic and cultural importance ?

I loved Melaka, so much history and old architecture. It's small too so easy to walk around and just wander.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,560 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places outside KL of historic and cultural importance ?

Penang!

4. Re: Places outside KL of historic and cultural importance ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2012, 10:30