We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Woman Travelling In Malaysia

Miami, Florida...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Single Woman Travelling In Malaysia

Hi,

I will be visiting Indo for a few weeks in September and then would love to hop to Malaysia for about 8 days before going to Thai Land. Not very familiar with attractions or most beautiful destinations in Malaysia. Given the time frame, 8 nights, I'm thinking that going to two different locations would be ideal. IF you could only go to two spots in the country, preferably that are both convenient to a major airport, where would they be? I would love to see tropical, beautiful, outdoor sights, but also be in cultural environments where I can learn something and experience spirituality. Which airport do you think I should fly into from Denpansar? And which 2 locations would u plan to hit? Also would be helpful if you have hotel recommendations (under 60 dollars per night). Thanks!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,667 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Woman Travelling In Malaysia

HI

IF you could only go to two spots in the country, preferably that are both convenient to a major airport, where would they be?

A] Kuala Lumpur and Penang

Which airport do you think I should fly into from Denpansar?

A] KUL at Kuala Lumpur

And which 2 locations would u plan to hit?

A] Kuala Lumpur and Penang (as you can fly to Thailand from either place)

Also would be helpful if you have hotel recommendations (under 60 dollars per night).

A] just too many, so if you look in the look in the left hand panel of this page and check 'Malaysian Hotels’ where you can select a specifc location see the full range of hotels / apartment rental / B&Bs etc for that area, and you can also sort by budget [and your style] as well as read recent reviews

<---------------------------

Also in the various forums where you want to travel do check out the ‘Travel Guide’ / ‘Inside Guides’ and ‘Things To Do’the left hand panel of the page and check out which list lots of pointers of what to see and where to go as well as other information like restaurants

<---------------------------

then on the right check out FAQs / top questions about . . . . . .

--------------------------->

If you are accessing via the smart phone app’ you won't see the FAQs, so suggest that you head to a laptop or pc to enjoy the information that has been collected. The Top Questions / FAQs ---> are on the right of all forum pages!

Also read JBR / just back reports / trip reports etc or search and read some of the questions already posted in this forum. Lots of really useful information about already posted.

both the Kuala Lumpur forum and Penang forum are PACKED with information about so much information. You can get there easily by clicking on FAQ Kuala Lumpur? or FAQ Penang? on the right of this page --->>

Have fun!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Woman Travelling In Malaysia

One option could be fly to Kuala Lumpur (KL) from Bali, spend a few days there (including a day trip?) to Malacca (heritage town with some of the oldest architecture in Malaysia)

Then fly up to Penang, and specifically GeorgeTown (the capital) for the rest of the time.

Malacca and Georgetown have the culture and there are also good outdoor areas on Penang island to explore such as the botanic gardens and Penang Hill. The hawker food in Georgetown also widely considered the best in Malaysia.

From Penang, you can fly onto Thailand (Bangkok) direct with Air Asia saving you the hassle of doubling back to KL.

With only 8 days i won't suggest Malaysian Borneo, which would give you much more in the way of the tropical outdoors - i think you realistically don't have the time to go there also.

Suggest you do a bit more research as well, this just a brief overview!

For hotels, just check on TA and keep eye out for ones in your price range with good reviews.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,667 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single Woman Travelling In Malaysia

don't forget that from Penang you can not only fly to Bangkok, but also to Samui as FireFlyz have recently introduced that route again!

4. Re: Single Woman Travelling In Malaysia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 20:47