We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it best to rent a car or hire a taxi to travel around KL

Dubai, United Arab...
5 posts
Save Topic
Is it best to rent a car or hire a taxi to travel around KL

Hi,

Is it wise to take rent a car to travel around KL and Genting or taxi si the best option.I will be there for 2-3days. My husband has an international license.

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it best to rent a car or hire a taxi to travel around KL

Transportation is no issue. Cheap and readily available. Use the public transport and free yourself from all the parking hassle and traffic jam in KL.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
509 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it best to rent a car or hire a taxi to travel around KL

Yes stick to public transport. It is not easy to navigate the streets in KL if you are not familiar with the roads.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,281 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it best to rent a car or hire a taxi to travel around KL

Don't bother renting a car, public transport and taxis are plentiful and far easier to than driving on unfamiliar roads and trying to park.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,933 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it best to rent a car or hire a taxi to travel around KL

Agree, forget the rental car and use public transports or a taxi.

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it best to rent a car or hire a taxi to travel around KL

My ideas are a little different that I would personally stick with taxi for short drives and use a car / private transport for long or especially overnight drives.

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,281 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it best to rent a car or hire a taxi to travel around KL

'I would personally stick with taxi for short drives'

This depends on the time of day, being stuck in KL traffic in a taxi whilst the monorail is freely moving to get around is no fun! Lots of times its quicker just to walk.

Plenty of options to get to Genting (drive around 1hr, dependant on traffic) without hiring a car.

Dubai, United Arab...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it best to rent a car or hire a taxi to travel around KL

thanks a lot for all your advice:)

will stick to public transportation:):)

8. Re: Is it best to rent a car or hire a taxi to travel around KL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 10:16