We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysia or Bali?

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
58 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Malaysia or Bali?

In the March we plan to go first time to Asia. We like to know something from Asia (monuments, nature, good food) only for the first week and the second we dream about romantic beautiful beach. We don´t know, Malaysia with Tioman (or Perhential Kecil or Besar) or or Bali? What do you think? Thank you!

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaysia or Bali?

Tioman, Perhentian are small almost untouched beautiful island in Malaysia. I am sure you will like it.

Bali, is a big island in Indonesia, very choked with tourists. Its water is very murky.

So if you want to compare pristine beach and crystal clear water, Perhentian will be my choice.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaysia or Bali?

Two very different places, Malaysia and Bali!!

Do you want your beaches with nightlife as well as romance? If so, there is little of that on offer at Tioman and Perhentians. Bali would be better in that respect. However, presumably you have already researched 'Asia' to some extent - having narrowed it down to these destinations.

Something like Perhentians OR Tioman along with Penang (Georgetown) for the temples and good food might work for you.. Then couple of days in KL to wind it up.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
58 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaysia or Bali?

thank you a lot! We prefer places without a lot of tourists and without nightlife!

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaysia or Bali?

Hi there

This is a Huge Q!! Different people would like either or both- Bali is just one place, while Malaysia is an entire country with lots to offer - you must first decide what exactly you want to do and see

Both have Lots of tourists! Good nightlife too actually

Edited: 27 August 2012, 13:56
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaysia or Bali?

In that case i think a beach on Tioman, somewhere such as Tekek might suit. Its not busy at all - and nightlife is very low key. Also depends on what budget you have for accommodation..

Paris, France
Level Contributor
750 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaysia or Bali?

It depends what you are after...but in my opionion Malaysia wins hands down.

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaysia or Bali?

We are booking to go from Ireland to Australia in December but we want to fit in a country on the way out. for about ten days. I want a fairly decent place with warm dry weather. We get enough of rain in Ireland to keep us washed for a century so i am looking for a nice place; Nice tourist places and then at the end a nice beach to relax for a few days before heading of .

I would appreciate any advice on this trip;

Thanking you from Siobhan

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malaysia or Bali?

@Siobhan396

Suggest you post a new topic for your question. This way you should get a better response (with a new topic title) and the original poster's question is also not forgotten about at the same time :) Cheers!

9. Re: Malaysia or Bali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 07:18