We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on where next holiday ?

gold coast
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on where next holiday ?

Hi all . Help me choose my next Malaysian destination :) . I've been kl , Langkawi , Penang , pankor island , melacca . We enjoy being busy with a little R&R . Looking at November . Many thanks in advance Viv

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on where next holiday ?

Hi Viv,

The places you have visited are all in the west coast of Peninsular Malaysia. But since November is monsoon in the East Coast, I sugeest you fly to Sabah or Sarawak to experience something different.

Sabah and Sarawak has wealth of natural beauty and cultural heritage. Please indicate your interest, proposed length of stay etc and we will get off from there.

west australia perth
Level Contributor
624 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on where next holiday ?

G,DAY.

You have left the best for last, Sabah gets my vote.

Edited: 10 September 2012, 05:43
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,719 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on where next holiday ?

I would certainly look at Sabah [Kota Kinabalu etc] for some great ideas!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on where next holiday ?

Sabah and Sarawak will also be in the early days of their Monsoon season in November. That's not to say they are no-go's - just expect a little more rain and cloudy weather. A bit more info on what you enjoy doing and you'll get more detailed responses :)

gold coast
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on where next holiday ?

Thanks everyone . Seems unanimous . We enjoy wildlife , food :) , markets , wandering around and discovering the culture . We try to stay out of the sun ie- no sunbathing and lazing around on beaches . Looking at a week in total then a few days back in KL to shop . Will start researching . One question more . Is Sabah too big an area to do justice in a week ? . Thanks again :)

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on where next holiday ?

With just one week i'd say consider Sarawak or Sabah - not both. And even then, you can only cover a couple of places really. If beaches are not really your thing then you might wanna consider the Kuching area in Sarawak. Its the capital city and the gateway to wildlife in the region, as well as being an interesting destination in its own right.

The main gateway to Sabah is KK, but i'd say its more about beaches really - the town itself doesnt have the history or character of Kuching.

west australia perth
Level Contributor
624 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on where next holiday ?

G,DAY.

If wildlife is your thing then the best place to visit would be the Borneo Rainforest Lodge. Then a few days in KK.

Edited: 11 September 2012, 05:42
8. Re: Advice on where next holiday ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2013, 10:16