We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Redang

8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Redang

Hi all,

I'll be travelling to Redang for my honeymoon in a couple of weeks and am hoping for some nice weather despite the rainy season approaching!

We're staying at the taaras and having read the reviews it seems like the food is expensive and western. As we want to experience the real Malaysia we want to eat outside the hotel. I know the island is pretty small but I was wondering if it's possible to travel around and find some more authentic places to eat?

Any suggestions welcome for good Malaysian food and must see places/ must do activities.

Thanks in advance!

Danyell

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,592 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Redang

Redang or any of the small islands are not really the place to sample good Malaysian food.

There really aren't too many restaurants other than those attached to the hotels or chalets. Food options tends to be basic, as most of the chalets are basic bare bones accommodation.

The Taaras is located on Teluk Dalam beach, which is located away from where most of the other accommodation is on Pasir Panjang. So one of the activities you could do is to take a boat ride or hike through the jungle to Pasir Panjang. The other thing is to take a snorkelling trip to the adjacent island of Pulau Pinang where the marine park is.

2. Re: Honeymoon in Redang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2013, 10:17