We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming into and out of LCCT. NOT fly thru

Virginia
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Coming into and out of LCCT. NOT fly thru

Is two hours enough to get in and out of LCCT, on another Air Asia flight? First on gets in at 1600 and next leaves at 1755 . No "fly thru" available. :(

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming into and out of LCCT. NOT fly thru

It is sufficient provided everything goes according to clockwork. Incoming flight delay will upset the schedule.

Assuming you clear everything in 45 minutes, you still have 70 min to check in for next flight. Personally, I would not stress myself unnecessarily, I would take earlier flight. You never know what will affect the timing at the departure point or LCCT.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,732 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming into and out of LCCT. NOT fly thru

Most people recommend a safety margin of 3 hours between flights at LCCT.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coming into and out of LCCT. NOT fly thru

I was afraid of that, but it does agree with everything I could possibly find on the web.

One guy reported that he was able to just walk through between the arrival and departure areas with out fly-through, but I think it was a fluke, and most likely they keep the doors closed unless it is a fly-through flight.

Also I will have bags, so it wouldn't work anyway. The bags would be left in LCCT.

I guess it is a real money maker for them to make you go out and in again.

Thank you very much!!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coming into and out of LCCT. NOT fly thru

All part of being an LCC .... low cost = low expectations.

5. Re: Coming into and out of LCCT. NOT fly thru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 05:19