We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Malaysia and Singapore commutable by road?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
168 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Are Malaysia and Singapore commutable by road?

Are Malaysia and Singapore commutable by road? How long would it take to travel from one place to the other?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are Malaysia and Singapore commutable by road?

Yes, it is.

Depending on where you are in Malaysia, it can be as far as 800km or as near as 1 km.

From KL, if driving by car travelling at 110 - 120km/hour, it would takes about 4-5 hours to reach S'pore check point. If from Johor Baru town, its about half an hour. Assuming its all in normal traffic condition.

muscat
Level Contributor
73 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are Malaysia and Singapore commutable by road?

i am planning to go to Singapore from Johar Baru town. and i am holding indian passport , and will be having singapore visa. so is it possible to go from there directly to singapore. with family. and if its by any taxi , will they straight take me to my Hotel where i ams taying. i will be staying Singapore Marriot.

which is the best way to go. i dont want to travel in Bus or train.. but private taxi. if any.

thank you

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,701 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are Malaysia and Singapore commutable by road?

Hi

4-6 hours by road or 45min flight!

4. Re: Are Malaysia and Singapore commutable by road?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 07:19