We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping in Malaysia!

1 post
Save Topic
shopping in Malaysia!

Hi it will be my first tine travelling to Malaysia in a couple of weeks and wanted your opinion in shopping in terms of prices? Some say shopping for electronics are cheap in malaysia! Also noticed some of my sports gear - Nike jackets and runners are made in malaysia. Any thoughs?

Thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping in Malaysia!

prices for big brands dont vary much from country to country these days, but depends where you are comparing to. For example, i do notice certain items are cheaper in Malaysia than UK currently - such as Apple products, due to the 20% VAT in the UK. Alot of sportswear will be same price, and you cant really bargain in the big stores for the latest garments.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,105 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping in Malaysia!

Hi

Agree, we don't find prices cheap at all. Guess it really depends on where you are from ramonjr17. As the GB£ is very weak, and has dropped a bit in the last 3 weeks, prices are not that reasonable even allowing for local taxes!!

We have not found electronics cheap for the last 10 years, as prices are now international, and you also have to consider international warrantys.

3. Re: shopping in Malaysia!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 06:15