We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malindo Air

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
35 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Malindo Air

Managed to fly with the newly launched, Malindo Air, a new airlines established by joint venture of NADI and Lion Air.

Flew on their first day of launching of the route KL-Kuching and am expecting some technical glitch. As expected, check-in was a bit disappointing, with the service level of the staff still lacking and need to be polished more. But I would say this was an isolate cases and may not happened to others.

The flight was delayed due to the late arrival of the carrier from Kuching.

Boarding of the flight was smooth and was surprised with the interior of the flight. The colour of the seat was most welcoming.

The seat pitch was awesome, quite wide and the legroom was superb.

The flight entertainment will definitely keep the passengers occupied throughout the flight time, but too bad the headphone was not provided except for the business class. The selection of the entertainment was very extensive, tv, latest blockbuster film and music which covers both adult and children.

The refreshment served on board was a sandwich and mineral water.

with 15kg free luggage allowance, snack and assigned seating.

100 replies to this topic
Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malindo Air

Good value for money.

Did you get it for promotional rate of Rm38??? one way

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
35 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malindo Air

Yes, managed to get RM76 for the return flight KUL-KCH.

Recommended...

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malindo Air

Great to hear it's good. I was hoping it to be good when their planes are brand new 737-900. I hope they can expand their regional coverage as soon as possible that will give Air Asia a run for their money. AA is getting rather arrogant nowadays especially with their ground service. Free 15kg luggage and In flight entertainmet ?Way to go Malindo!

Edited: 27 March 2013, 16:13
Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
35 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malindo Air

The flight was awesome especially with the spacious leg room and touch screen entertainment.

15kg free luggage and the snack really make it way ahead from AA.

Looking forward for their Australia sector soon.

Hope they would be able to maintain the pricing and offers.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malindo Air

interesting news. must fly to East malaysia.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malindo Air

@RioJ

Agreed with you that AA is getting very arrogant and partner >>their tune insurance also very arrogant too>>will bounce off mail

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
35 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malindo Air

yup...agreed.

i've been trying to cancel off my AIA insurance plan with them but no reply till now.

it has been years since i wanted to cancel it off.

how lah?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malindo Air

AA Tune Insurance ?

AIA Insurance ?

Kuala Lumpur...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Malindo Air

Malindo Air will give AirAsia another level of competition..... www.malindobooking.com

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Malindo Air

One of my friends encounter difficulty when he board the plane back to Kuching. The things is it clearly stated that the passenger need to arrive one hour before boarding time, he arrive an hour and 30 mins early. . but the counter is closed as well check-in service and there is no flight crew to assist him. . why? sorry i'm just afraid that this will happen to me when i go back sabah this coming end of may

Reply to: Malindo Air
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted