We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok -> Langkawi / Penang / Kota Bharu -> KL Order

Barbados
Level Contributor
35 posts
277 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok -> Langkawi / Penang / Kota Bharu -> KL Order

I am travelling from Bangkok and would like to visit (in best order) Langkawi, Penang and the Perhentian Islands (assume via Kota Bharu airport). I then need to get to Kuala Lumpur for return flight.

What is the best way to visit Perhentian Islands from these locations?

I had looked at doing Bangkok to Penang (as direct flight) then to Langkawi, but then there is no direct flight to Perhentian Islands and I would need to go via KL, to then come back to KL for my return flight. Any ideas on the best route for these locations appreciated. Thank you.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,391 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok -> Langkawi / Penang / Kota Bharu -> KL Order

Hi

I would Bangkok to Penang then asap to Langkawi with Air Asia / Fireflyz or the ferry, then back to Penang, then fly to Kota Bharu (Malaysian or fireflyz) then bus/taxi / ferry over to Perhentians, then ferry / taxi/bus to Kota Bharu to Kuala Lumpur.

pretty dire routing. I would be temped to miss Langkawi or the Perhentians but not do both as you lose too much time doing both.

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok -> Langkawi / Penang / Kota Bharu -> KL Order

If you are comfortable flying via Narathiwat, you could do the trip in reverse order.

3. Re: Bangkok -> Langkawi / Penang / Kota Bharu -> KL Order

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 06:18