We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Transfers at KLIA

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
13 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Flight Transfers at KLIA

We've booked a trip to Penang flying out from LHR on the overnight MAS airbus to KL and transferring from onto a MAS domestic flight for Penang. We have two hours between arrival and departure at KLIA. Is this going to be enough time to clear immigration etc and make the onward flight? First time to Malaysia, so any advice would be appreciated.

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,006 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight Transfers at KLIA

Dont worry you will be fine (Im assuming your booked both flights on one txt) If there are any delays with your incoming flight from LHR to KUL, and you even miss the onward section, MAS will just put you on the next available flight to Penang. There are plenty of flights all day.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
13 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight Transfers at KLIA

Yes we bought a round trip ticket with MAS, and thanks for the reassurance :¬)

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,006 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight Transfers at KLIA

Also your luggage will be checked in to the final destination in Penang. You don't have to collect your luggage at all or use any transfer counters at KLIA

You will have to clear immigration but you follow the directions for transit passengers. KLIA is well signposted to get around just check the departure screens for your flight information.

Also just have a look at the airport website

http://www.klia.com.my/

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,444 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight Transfers at KLIA

Hi

So agree with SS. We have done similar many times and it was always seemless. Once with just under an hours transit!

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
13 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight Transfers at KLIA

Thanks for your help and the useful information. I'm really looking forward to my trip but airports and air travel are just about guaranteed to bring out my obsessive compulsive traits, so your advice is much appreciated.

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,006 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight Transfers at KLIA

prosperoproject, air travel and airports can be very stressful for some but to be aware of what to expect really is a great help. And of course the more relaxed you are the more you will be ready for your holiday. At least your flying direct from LHR so no stopover to cope with either and as I said KLIA is easy to get around and is well signposted in English.

Just make sure you have everything to make yourself as comfortable as possible for your long flight, and have things to hand to make the time pass and keep you occupied. And during long flights I always have a few treats on hand in case I get a bit peckish.

And if any delays happen take a deep breath, there will be another, plane/taxi/bus/train to get you there!!

7. Re: Flight Transfers at KLIA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 05:18