We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route?

Level Contributor
180 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Route?

Hi

If we were to fly into KL,

What is the best route to take from here, on a fairly limited time line. Thinking a train north via cameron highlands etc?

My concern is, what will we miss, and is penang the only option of flight back?

Id like to hit bali and borneo (kota kin) too.

I cant see a viable way to travel part of west Malaysia, then fly onto / between the other two without having to constantly fly back / via KL

Suggestions?

Thanks

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,240 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route?

You could fly into Kuala Lumpur, travel overland to Penang - stopping at Cameron Highlands should you wish to do so, fly from Penang to Kota Kinabalu, then fly from Kota Kinabalu to Bali and finally Bali back to wherever you came from.

Please note there is no railway track to Cameron Highlands, so you can't take the train there.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,562 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route?

Hi

The train does not go anywhere near to the Cameron Highlands. The nearest stop is Ipoh.

You can fly from Penang to Kota Kinabalu (which is what I assume you mean) and then you can fly to Bali.

suggestions? Air Asia!

Personally I would just head to Kota Kinabalu and not worry about the Cameron Highlands, it is not with that much effort.

3. Re: Route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 05:19