We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
visa

I have read all the FAQ's & researched online and as far as I can see I shouldn't need a visa for an overnight stay in KL. I am from the United States and traveling on a bus from Singapore to KL.

Would anybody mind just confirming this for me please?

Many Thanks,

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,422 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa

US passport holders do not need a visa for social visits to Malaysia not exceeding 3 months. You will need at least 6 months validity on your passport.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,701 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa

LOL, if you had read the FAQ Malaysian Visa correctly, as Jadamros says, you will get a 90 day permit to stay in Malaysia regardless of how long you will be staying in Malaysia.

ALL travellers should always have at least 6 months on their passport from when they are due to arrive back home, not just for their arrival into Malaysia.

3. Re: visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 07:18