I am thinking of a nice inexpensive place to stay in 2014. I had thought of a Bali type place but to be honest I am more into a Luang Prabang type town. I am planning to come to KL anyway and instead of going back to Luang Prabang thought maybe Malaysia might have something.
1. I am unable to do the beach thing.
2. I enjoy being or chatting with locals rather than tourists
3. Not keen on nightlife prefer quiet local restaurants.
4. It would be a place where you could relax at your accomodation but also walk a few blocks to local shops
5. I am thinking maybe Georgetown but am open to suggestions
6. Should be easy to get to from KL
7. Not concerned about activities as can't do sports
8. A comfortable family run place might be nicer than a tourist resort
I stayed at Sanur Beach in Bali, location was good but the hotel was full of snobby Europeans. That is why I am looking at something smaller.
Appreciate any ideas. Stay could be say 5-7 days, just me I'm 61