We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asia summer trip (about 2 and a half months)

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Asia summer trip (about 2 and a half months)

Hello! Just looking for some advice, I'm basically trying to get the gapyear I never had into the summer I do (yay!) but I'm not sure of the best places to go or the best routes to take. I'll be travelling alone with one other girl (so two females aged 20), wanting to hit some worth while spots in asia. We've both travelled but never to more than one destination per holiday so travel experience is low, looking to ideally spend about £1500 on flights

I'm aware we won't be able to do all we want to due to the limit on time we have before our final year at uni (not to mention money!), but any suggestions or advice on an itinerary/good route to take would be appreciated.

We're looking at places like:

Nepal, India, Sri Lanka, Thai land, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia (with Srilanka, Thai land, Malaysia and Indonesia being ones we definitely want to go to) and we have between two to three months.

I was also wondering the best means of travel between countries once there. There are airlines like airasia which have quite cheap flights between each (about £60GBP per flight), but would trains/boats be a better method of transport?

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,384 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asia summer trip (about 2 and a half months)

Ferries will be ok within Thailand, and Malaysia, perhaps Singapore and some of the nearby islands of Indonesia, and then also ones near Malaysia. But the rest are too far so flying is the only option. Air Asia ia great around SE asia. Trains are an option around Singapore, Malaysian, Thailand.

With 2-3 months I would opt for Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore, and perhaps some of Indonesia. Doing all you want will use an awful lot of money and time travelling.

It is hard to suggest a route or intineary, but you could sit down with a map of the area, dot the places you want to go to, then find flights or getting between x & y. Skyscanner is a great to find flights all around the world, and I find google a great way to find other modes of transport, ie how do I get from Phuket to Bangkok by bus.

2. Re: Asia summer trip (about 2 and a half months)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 05:17