We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beste route from Taman Negara to Cameron Highlands

3 posts
Save Topic
Beste route from Taman Negara to Cameron Highlands

Soon we are going on a holiday to Malaysia and we planned to visit Taman Negara and Camaron Highlands.

While I'm further planning, I'm doubting of the route to take from Taman Negara. I have found a few options:

1. Google Maps shows the route north of Jerantut via the C145 and C9 to Kuala Lipis to Tanah Rata (C156). This is 257km and would take 4 hours, according to Google Maps.

2. But on the Internet, most people suggest going via Gua Musang. But that would take us 5,5 hours and 349km according to Google Maps. Bing Maps suggests this same route, but then it would only take about 5 hours.

3. The third option (my navigation system) suggests the route through Jerantut, Damak (the 64) and then through Kuala Lipis. This would take more than 6 hours.

So, my first option would be to follow Google Maps because it looks like the fastest and most direct route, but I am confused because of other people suggesting to go via Gua Musang.

I expect my navigation (Sygic) to use old maps, which doesn't include some of the newer highways and therefore doesn't 'know' the other two options.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,370 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beste route from Taman Negara to Cameron Highlands

There is no need to go to Gua Musang. Take the C156 via Sungai Koyan.

The Sungai Koyan route was opened only fairly recently. This is why older websites still refer to Gua Musang as the route to take.

2. Re: Beste route from Taman Negara to Cameron Highlands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 05:18