We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysia Airport check in and out

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Topic
Malaysia Airport check in and out

Hi, I want to travel Malaysia on 11th March and hopefully reach 12th 3 AM by Regent airways operating from Bangladesh. After that I will catch Malindo Air to Bali departs at 9 AM. Is there any legal issue, If I check in Malaysia and check out after three hours?

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaysia Airport check in and out

any answer or suggestion?

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,112 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaysia Airport check in and out

I presume you mean Kuala Lumpur Airport.

You will be in transit so you will not have to clear Immigration so there are no problems.

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaysia Airport check in and out

Yes. You are correct. Problem is I will avail two different carrier. By regent Air I will reach KL and have to claim my baggage. Without crossing immigration, I can't do this. Again, I will leave for Bali by Malindo Air.

I, then have to again cross the immigration. But time between two flights is only 3 hours. Is there any restriction in KL?

Trust, you understood my problem.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,112 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaysia Airport check in and out

If you are travelling on a US passport there will not be a problem as you don't need a Visa. Other wise check with the Malaysian Embassy if a Visa is required.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,178 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaysia Airport check in and out

As above, you won't have a problem if you don't need a visa. You need to find out what your situation is regarding a visa.

I've done the same thing (with five hours between flights) at KL, no problem at all.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,297 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaysia Airport check in and out

<<<Is there any legal issue, If I check in Malaysia and check out after three hours?>>>

-No problem about that even if you enter Malaysia then check-in for your flight again and depart after an hour or even less. There is no restriction on how short you stay, there would only be a problem if you overstay.

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaysia Airport check in and out

thanks a lot. In deed very useful information.

8. Re: Malaysia Airport check in and out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 07:18