We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planing to Travel Malaysia

Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
Planing to Travel Malaysia

Me and my partner are planning to travel Malaysia soon and just want to clarify a few things, so any help would be gratefully appreciated.

He is Egyptian and i am English. I read on the internet we can both stay in Malaysia for 90 days without visa's .. is this true?

We will back pack travel so want to know the best way. Hostels, food, places to see etc. Also how much money we would need in total including flights, the travelling, hostels, food everything. Just so we know figures and what we have to save :)

Just any general tips would help massively :) Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
The Danna Langkawi
The Danna Langkawi
#1 of 1 hotels in Pantai Kok
Ambong Ambong Langkawi
Ambong Ambong Langkawi
#1 of 8 hotels in Pantai Tengah
The Datai Langkawi
The Datai Langkawi
#1 of 2 hotels in Datai
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,421 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planing to Travel Malaysia

Hi

Yes, you will both get a 90 day permit to stay.

How much money in total is an almost impossible question to answer. It is really how much can you afford.

Flights to Malaysia can be as cheap as £400 each

Internal flights can be cheap or expensive, depending on where to and from, when you book and what airline. As an example early booked flight to Penang from Kuala Lumpur could be £20 each, but if left late could be £50.

Hostels are basic but likely to be around £10-30 a night.

After all these costs, you can then live on £20 a day but it will be a pretty horrid time, espeically if you plan to see things. £50 a day will give you more scope to live and see things.

The best tip would be to research as much as you possibly can so that you know it is for you. Malaysia is not a cheap place.

Mentioned in this post
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
2. Re: Planing to Travel Malaysia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 05:16