We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is night travelling safe in Malaysia??

Mumbai (Bombay...
6 posts
Save Topic
Is night travelling safe in Malaysia??

M planning to go to Langkawi on the 10th June eve, and leave lankawi by 7pm on 11th June.. I'll get a bus from Kuala Perlis to Kuala Lumpur which may depart from Kuala Perlis by around 10-11pm and will reach early morning to Kuala Lumpur?? so travelling at night is safe in that area??

Also pls suggest me the most comfortable bus service and their fares.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,758 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is night travelling safe in Malaysia??

Being on a bus where the driver is driving through the night is always a risk! As long as the driver has had lots of sleep you should be ok . . .http://www.journeymalaysia.com/ptakualaperlis.htm

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is night travelling safe in Malaysia??

I travel on night buses alot in Malaysia, saves a night's accomodation cost & there is little to see on those highways anyway. Most companies in Malaysia are pretty good but very cold air-conditioning.I usually go with Transnasional

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is night travelling safe in Malaysia??

Yes, should be safe. I have used night buses many times when I was there. But as "shakespearestravels " Said 'Very cold air-conditioning'. So keep a jacket with you inside the bus.

Have a safe trip.

Regards,

Mumbai (Bombay...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is night travelling safe in Malaysia??

Thanks a tonne TravellingMitch, Shakespearstravels and BuRaiR for ur help..!! In case my fly agrees to adopt for the bus option, are thr are any places to visit in Kuala Perlis, since i'll ve 2-3 extra hours (or for that matter 4 hours) before i take a bus to Kuala Lumpur?

Thanks!

Kangar, Malaysia
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is night travelling safe in Malaysia??

Hi there

kuala perlis is seafood heaven... seafood restaurants is not that far from kuala perlis jetty.

you can try seafood there ;)

6. Re: Is night travelling safe in Malaysia??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 05:16