We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

legoland from kuala lumpur help!!

Derby, United...
13 posts
Save Topic
legoland from kuala lumpur help!!

Hi all

I am planning on taking the Mrs to legoland but we are leaving from Kuala Lumpur. I was thinking about taking a taxi, anyone know how much it would cost please?

Also we are going for one day and so I was thinking leave in the morning at 7am and leave legoland around 5pm is this a good idea??

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
888 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: legoland from kuala lumpur help!!

Legoland is nearer Johor Bharu than KL - approximately 1 hour flight south. A taxi will take approximately 6 hours in each direction.

Most visitors to Legoland travel via JB or Singapore - Legoland is approx. 1 hour from Singapore by bus, including immigration.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,342 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: legoland from kuala lumpur help!!

It is over 300km by road. A taxi would cost a fortune and the time factor makes it virtually impossible as a day trip by road. Fly to JB.

Edited: 09 July 2014, 00:34
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,421 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: legoland from kuala lumpur help!!

We also have a FAQ on how to get there if you search for it . . . .

--> tripadvisor.com/Travel-g2301796-c187438/Joho…

Derby, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: legoland from kuala lumpur help!!

Thank you all for your replies....

Google maps shows that it's approximately 3 hours away from kuala Lumpur...is this accurate or is it definitely 6 hours or so in a car?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: legoland from kuala lumpur help!!

While it quite possibly could be done - is that the way you really want to spend your holiday - 6+ hours in one day in a taxi would be quite exhausting, not to mention expensive!

You would be much better flying direct to Johor Bahru on the day you arrive in KL, and just make that a continuation of your international travel day - flights are only 45/50 mins, about 12 times a day, and can be as little as RM30 pp. You could cheaply spend a night in JB, relax and enjoy your next day at Legoland, and if you must cram everything in, fly back to KL later that evening. I think this would be much more enjoyable than driving.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: legoland from kuala lumpur help!!

From memory, the day rate for a trip to Melacca, which is less than half way to JB, is over RM300, so I can't imagine what the rate to JB might arrive at.

Derby, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: legoland from kuala lumpur help!!

Thank you for the reply.

I might have to give legoland a miss this time around and use the time in Kuala Lumpur.

Thank you for the advice :)

May think about the flights ....

Mentioned in this post
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,421 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: legoland from kuala lumpur help!!

KL to JB is over 200miles / 300 KM

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
354 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: legoland from kuala lumpur help!!

Fly to Johor Bahru on AirAsia, get the first flight in the morning and the last flight in the late evening. You can use the KLIA Ekpress to get to/from KLIA2 and a taxi from Sengai (Johor Bahru Airport) is/was RM65ish on the voucher system.

As a solo traveller I did this in April and spent from around 10am (opening time) to around 2pm at Legoland, the park was very quiet on the weekday I was there so I experience everything without the queues. This cuts down the time you need. The small mall nearby (more like a plaza of shops outside the Legoland Entrance) has some other food options and a Taxi stand.

I then took a taxi to Johor Premium Outlet Centre (JPO) and did some shopping and relaxed for a couple of hours. In hindsight I should have gone into Johor itself for the remainder of the afternoon.

Ended my day with a good massage at the airport while waiting for my flight, all up a long day, but easy.

Prepay your Legoland tickets via their website, carry your passport for ID for both the flights and the Legoland entry (they check against the ticket printout) and have a great day.

Next time I go I'll stay in the Johor area overnight at least just to see a different part of Malaysia better!

Mentioned in this post
Johor
Johor
Malaysia
10. Re: legoland from kuala lumpur help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 23:16