We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KLIA- Pekililing- Jerantut- Kuala Tahan - Cameron Highlands

Brisbane
Level Contributor
642 posts
241 reviews
Save Topic
KLIA- Pekililing- Jerantut- Kuala Tahan - Cameron Highlands

Our flight will get in too late to get the special 09:00 bus from KL to Taman Negara, probably around 12:30pm. I'm guessing we can be out the door and downtown by 3pm-ish? We will have carry-on backpacks.

Is a taxi faster or a train? Worried we might hit rush hour traffic.

Last bus to Jerantut is at 17:30, pretty sure we can make this bus. Can we still get a taxi to Kuala Tahan when we arrive at Jerantut? I just think KT would be near the rain forest and more pleasant. We'd like to wake up to birds if we can.

We are birders and planning to stay at Mutiara Taman Negara http://www.mutiarahotels.com/taman-negara/ for 3 nights or 2 if we can't get there by the first night and have to stay on the other side of the river.

Do boats run on demand between Kuala Tahan jetty and Mutiara?

Last question, how do we get from Taman Negara to Cameron Highlands from the Mutiara area? Do we have to go back to Jerantut and get another bus from there?

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KLIA- Pekililing- Jerantut- Kuala Tahan - Cameron Highlands

Which terminal are you arriving at, KLIA or KLIA2? Train is 30/35 minutes from those terminals excluding waiting time. But it only goes to KL Sentral. Then you need to get to Pekililng.

If you are 2 of you it will be cheaper and faster to get a taxi direct to the bus station.

Not sure if any taxis will go to K Tahan from Jerantut in the evening. I don't think they will.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
642 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KLIA- Pekililing- Jerantut- Kuala Tahan - Cameron Highlands

We will probably be on Thai, since we are using United miles. If we are lucky we can get Singapore which has a better schedule but they don't release as many seats for award travel. Yes, two of us. So the traffic isn't that bad? I was thinking trains don't get stuck in traffic so maybe faster?

3. Re: KLIA- Pekililing- Jerantut- Kuala Tahan - Cameron Highlands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 06:16