We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5* Resorts in the £5-7k bracket + all inclusive + over water

Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
5* Resorts in the £5-7k bracket + all inclusive + over water

Hi - I need to book a resort for my honeymoon this year in december and have narrowed it down to the following three:

1) Lily

2) LUX

3) Sun Fushi.

my three key priorities 1) a resort that will spoil my wife for her honeymoon 2) good pool and 3) wide ranging AI plan.

Out of the above, which would you recommend? and also are there any other obvious contenders that I am missing out?

thank you

AYADA Maldives
AYADA Maldives
#1 of 1 hotels in Maguhdhuvaa
Milaidhoo Island Maldives
Milaidhoo Island Maldives
#1 of 17 hotels in Baa Atoll
Baros Maldives
Baros Maldives
#1 of 1 hotels in Baros Island
6 replies to this topic
Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
1,447 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5* Resorts in the £5-7k bracket + all inclusive + over water

Not sure how long you plan to stay but out of the three I would opt for LUX but if within budget maybe consider:

Moofushi

Kanifushi (although no WV)

If you are not big drinkers then maybe do the sums and look at FB as this opens up a lot more options and is often a much better pricing option.

Edited: 01 September 2017, 07:34
Mentioned in this post
Moofushi Island
Moofushi Island
Southern Ari Atoll
Kanifushi Island
Kanifushi Island
Lhaviyani Atoll
Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,669 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5* Resorts in the £5-7k bracket + all inclusive + over water

If for your third option you mean Sun Siyam Irufushi then be careful what mealplan you are being placed on. There are 2 All Inclusive plans - one ties you to just the main buffet restaurant whereas the other allows dining in the a la carte restaurants (my preference).

Lily Beach only includes 1 a la carte dinner per week.

LUX is a complete dine around opportunity (except for the Japanese restaurant) and offers fantastic dining.

Thanks

Richard

Mentioned in this post
The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Maldives
The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi...
2,298 Reviews
Iru-fushi
Lily Beach Resort & Spa
Lily Beach Resort & Spa
2,392 Reviews
Huvahandhoo Island
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 5* Resorts in the £5-7k bracket + all inclusive + over water

I just arrived from my honeymoon, it was in Sun Siyam Iru Fushi, I recommend it for you, you wan't regret it

Mentioned in this post
The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Maldives
The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi...
2,298 Reviews
Iru-fushi
Bonn, Germany
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 5* Resorts in the £5-7k bracket + all inclusive + over water

Hello Hiral,

how long are you planning to stay? Do you need a private pool or does a public pool suffice?

All of the three are rather big resorts with Lilly being the smallest among them (in terms of units).

Lilly for me (been there) is kind of dated and lacks the variety in choice of food. Would be my choice only if snorkeling is important for you. Lux has been recently refurbished (in 2016) and offers vast dining options ( similar to Iru Fushi). Outlets at Lux are fine (not brilliant) and the pricing at the none included Japanese is very fair (with 30% disc. on food and beverages included), the only disadvantage is the lack of the HR (and perhaps Island Size if you prefer a smaller island). Iru Fushi would perhaps not be my choice, because of its size! Too big, very varying quality of food from outlet to outlet (although the choice is enourmous). Beaches at both, Lux and Iru Fushi are fine (if that is of importance).

What about Konotta? Rather small, good dining options a private pool on your deck and an ongoing sale with "reasonable pricing"? Moofushi, would not be my choice, since the variety in outlets is similar to Lilly and the whole setting would be too "rustic" for me. Kanifushi (from my point of view) is similar to Lux. In between those two, I would go for Lux.

If you extend your budget, for your (once in a lifetime) honeymoon :-) experience, then Milaidhoo would definitly be worth a look :-) and the first choice above all the others already mentioned. There you will have all of your criteria met when choosing the gourmet plan option.

Mentioned in this post
Iru-fushi
Iru-fushi
Noonu Atoll
Moofushi Island
Moofushi Island
Southern Ari Atoll
Kanifushi Island
Kanifushi Island
Lhaviyani Atoll
Abstatt, Germany
Level Contributor
551 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5* Resorts in the £5-7k bracket + all inclusive + over water

In addition, I can recommend Constance Halaveli, if in budget. As well Velassaru is a nice option. Both islands come with a) a nice public pool and b) a private pool and a good AI package.

Mentioned in this post
Constance Halaveli
Constance Halaveli
1,528 Reviews
Halaveli Island
Velassaru Maldives
Velassaru Maldives
1,888 Reviews
Velassaru Island
Rewari, India
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5* Resorts in the £5-7k bracket + all inclusive + over water

Have a look at Finolhu resort. I think it ticks all of your needs...

from budget to all inclusive 5 star resort.....private pool villas over water. These days its on hot run through a deal via luxury escapes.

Hope this helps

Vikas

Mentioned in this post
Finolhu
Finolhu
464 Reviews
Baa Atoll
Reply to: 5* Resorts in the £5-7k bracket + all inclusive + over water
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted