We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meedhupparu Island Resort

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
244 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Meedhupparu Island Resort

Has anyone stayed at the Meedhupparu Island Resort on the Raa Atoll? If so what was it like and is February a good time to go?

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Meedhupparu Island Resort

February is probably the best time to go.

huddersfield,GB
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Meedhupparu Island Resort

yes, we stayed there a couple of years ago on an all inclusive basis.It's a lovely island whith excellent food and the accommodation was great too. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable.The diving was good with lots of mantas but no sharks as the waters around the island used to be fished heavily. The house reef is not very good as most of the coral on it is dead and there isn't much fish. So snorkelling is a bit boring.Don't know if Feb is a good month to go there for diving though. For sure the weather will be better than july as it will be the dry season (we had a few storms).Fred

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meedhupparu Island Resort

We also stayed at the island in Dec. 03, a very good time was had, true the coral near the island is not brilliant, but if you jump off the boat pier there are still some amazing fish. However if you go off the pier near the diving centre they often feed the turtles at approx. 2pm.When we went the diving team were very knowledgeable about the diving areas and are generally in the bar in the evenings if you need to ask them anything.The weather in December was marvellous, so I only presume that February is even better. Have a great time.Nikki

uk
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Meedhupparu Island Resort

i am going 30th jan for two weeks will you be there at same time

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
244 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meedhupparu Island Resort

Thank you for all the info. We decided to go to Cuba for Feb 2005 and Meedhupparu for Feb 2006

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meedhupparu Island Resort

hi we were there in april 2003 and its so good we are going back next april 2005.you cannot fault it.Beautifull clear blue sea thats really warm its full of tropical fish.we saw sea turgles coming up out of the sea.The food is wonderfull the staff cannot do enought for you and make you feel so wellcome.Dress is casual .The sand is pure white its just paradise and we cant wait to go back i would go back all the time if i could.see also pureshores.co for more info.hope this helps

Southport UK
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Meedhupparu Island Resort

Hi,

Can anyone advise on the accomidation on this island. Are all the bungalows beach facing??? and do the have tv's???? If they are not all beach facing which ones are.

Thanks

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meedhupparu Island Resort

HI vicandste most of the bungalows are sea facing but some stand back from the sea.but no matther were you are on the island the sea is all around you.All the bungalows are really good you have a large bathroom with an indoor and outdoor shower.The outdoor shower is all enclosed by a high wall very private no one can see in Rooms are clened twice a day and are spotless.It is really beautifull i dont think anyone could say anything bad about it.pure paradise

north wales
Level Contributor
7 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meedhupparu Island Resort

we went in feb ,it was the best holiday ever food excellent, beach beautiful. the rooms lovely and clean. did,nt wear shoes for the two weeks we were there,just chilled .