We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planing to Maldives for first time, advice needed.

Planing to Maldives for first time, advice needed.

Next year, after i graduate, I want to travel to Maldives to relax before find a job. But I don't know much more about the place.

Could you give me the advices? Please😭

5 replies to this topic
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,643 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Planing to Maldives for first time, advice needed.

Hi welcome to the forum..

You need to start your research by deciding on your budget,when you are thinking of visiting and for how long.

The Maldives offers something for everyone from small adults only islands to bigger more lively islands. If your are looking to relax in paradise then you are certainly looking in the right direction.

Remember every island is different so you need to decide what is important to you.

Example...

Large or small island ?

Island with a pool ?

Sea plane or speed boat transfer ?

Adults only ?

Resort island or guest house ?

Is AI important ?

Is snorkeling important ?

And so on .....

You have plenty of time to research and we will certainly be able to help.

So ....

What is your accommodation and transfer budget ?

When are you going ?

For how long ?

Darryl

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,406 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Planing to Maldives for first time, advice needed.

If you want to discover more about The Maldives I'd suggest you read through the "Top Questions" here on the forum; they're packed with useful advice and guidance. I' also suggest that you visit some travel sites using Google to get a general feel for the country as a destination.

What kind of advice exactly were you seeking? When will you be travelling? What will your budget be? Would you be wishing to stay on a local island or a private resort? Would you like a seaplane transfer, further domestic flight or speedboat transfer if staying at a resort?

The sticky question at the forum about "which resort" will also be a help.

Once you've narrowed down your options and decided whether a resort or local island stay would be your preference do come back and we'll be happy to make some suggestions.

england
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
129 reviews
3. Re: Planing to Maldives for first time, advice needed.

some important questions - do you want to drink alcohol and/or expose shoulders and thighs? If yes then a local island may not be for you. In Maldives heat being "modestly dressed" can be a strain.

How relaxed do you want to be? We chose the island we went to for snorkelling.

Our "AI" finished at lunchtime on the day of departure, no warning of that when we booked. Anyone with dietary restrictions could struggle on a small island.

There are many places to relax and some of them are considerably cheaper than the Maldives. Might be better to go later when you have more cash.

Level Contributor
588 posts
58 reviews
4. Re: Planing to Maldives for first time, advice needed.

Maldives is a pretty expensive resort to relax and water sports. It is famous for water villa but at costly prices. Nice place for honeymoon.

Kuala Lumpur
1 post
2 reviews
5. Re: Planing to Maldives for first time, advice needed.

that depends on your budget whether you want to spend lavishly or on budget. i tried the budget way ~USD1000 for 4 days 3 nights for 2.

accidentaltraveller.com/2017/05/a-guide-for-…

Reply to: Planing to Maldives for first time, advice needed.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted