My wife and I have been looking for around a year (Just as we were about to book for Jan18 we fell pregnant with our second and decided to postpone). We originally had a throw up between Vilamendhoo and Angaga but just couldn't decide and everytime we looked we found more and more!
If anyone could give some advice or throw some recommendations in the ring it would be greatly appreciated!
1. What time of year you intend to travel and how many nights are you staying?
We are aiming to visit for 13-14 nights from 28/01/19
2. Which type(s) of transfer (Seaplane, Speedboat, Domestic flight) do you prefer? This question is also related to how remote from Male and the airport you prefer to be located.
We don't mind which transfer, seaplane would be nice for the story.
3. What size of Resort Island do you prefer?
We don't really mind as long as it isn't HUGE, my wife really just wants somewhere that has a lovely quiet beach that won't be too crowded she can just sunbathe and relax on.
4. Do you want to be able to snorkel (or dive) on a house reef which is accessible from the beach of your Resort Island?
I would really love somewhere which I could spend a lot of time snorkelling with a nice reef. If it has somewhere to dive I would maybe look into doing a 1 day dive thing but it isn't a huge must
6. What is your preferred board basis? We are preferably looking to go All-Inclusive with somewhere that does Cocktails!
7. What type of accommodation do you prefer? Preferably would like an overwater villa with a Jacuzzi which faces out to the sea (this is my current issue with Vilamendhoo)
8. Do you require a child-friendly Resort Island or prefer a Resort which is adult-only or has some form of age restriction?
We don't mind kids but would like somewhere that isn't too loud.
9. Do you have any specific wishes regarding activities, excursions etc?
I would really love somewhere which has a decent chance to see Manta Rays and Whale Sharks, this was our main draw to the South Ari Atol - but if there are other good places then great!
10. What is your budget?
We are looking for around £10,000gbp so £5,000 each which included flights/transfers etc. £10,000 is our top end we can push slightly over but would rather lower so we can also do some stop overs at Dubai etc.
Seriously any help on this would be amazing, we just want to make sure we pick the best place for a big trip!