We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 star plus resort?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
5 star plus resort?

What is the most luxury 5 star plus plus plus resort in the Maldives??? The best of the best!

19 replies to this topic
Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
100 reviews
1. Re: 5 star plus resort?

hi,

Probably either Cheval Blanc or Velaa Private Island but there are other top end ones such as Soneva Jani, St Regis and more. Are you asking just for interest or do you plan to visit the Maldives? If planning a visit then giving us more criteria then just the most luxurious will help as they may not have what you are looking for in terms of a Maldives holiday? For example some have good house reefs and some have no house reef or you might not like the "bling" of Cheval and prefer the rustic, yet luxurious, charm of Gili?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: 5 star plus resort?

Hi Thank you for the reply. I am definately planning a visit to the Maldives.

So I am not worried about budget.

My main things important to me would be:

1) 5 star accomadation

2) 5 star food

3) 5 star service

4) Beach has to be stunning

5) Romantic kind of atmosphere as going as a couple

I am not too worried about having the best reef to snorkle.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: 5 star plus resort?

Voavah and Kuda Hithi and the new under/overwater villa at

Rangali will be plus plus too ; )

Fornebu, Norway
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
3,407 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: 5 star plus resort?

«What is the most luxury 5 star plus plus plus resort in the Maldives??»

If your budget can stretch even further than Ab’s list, private «take over» booking of The W (minimum 4 nights) would be fab too! Though, veeery pricy.. (4 million USD for four nights, 6 million for 7 nights last time I checked...)

Edited: 01 June 2018, 18:51
Abstatt, Germany
Level Contributor
740 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: 5 star plus resort?

Nautilus is going to open in January, this will be one of the very, very high-end resorts as well. Which month do you plan to go?

My three favourites (among many more, of course) are Soneva Fushi, Velaa & Gili. All have beautiful beaches (Velaa comes with some walls), excellent food and service. Velaa is the most luxurious among those 3 and the food is just brilliant. All are very romantic, perhaps Gili the most :-).

Michaela from Reisser Travel

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: 5 star plus resort?

Would you say Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru is in this category or way off?

Thinking of going in December / Jan

Abstatt, Germany
Level Contributor
740 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: 5 star plus resort?

Velaa is over Landaa. Still, Landaa belongs as well to the very best resorts but it’s not among my preferred islands. I cannot exactly tell what is the reason...And, in addition, I don’t think it’s such a romantic place, I found it also kind of „corporated“ and not that intimate as the others. Just my opinion;-).

Michaela from Reisser Travel

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: 5 star plus resort?

Velaa and Cheval Blanc are the most luxurious at the moment, but I personally prefer Gili, Kihavah and Huvafen Fushi over them. Having said that Velaa's villas have the most WOW factor. But both Velaa and CBR have bits of coral bits and pieces on the seafloor as well as on many parts of the beaches. Huvafen has the purest sand. Kihavah is also good in that respect. Gili is more rustic luxury, but magical.

Edited: 01 June 2018, 20:26
Hertfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,878 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: 5 star plus resort?

I’ll add Milaidhoo to the list as well. It has age restrictions (no under 9s) which helps to keep it romantic rather than family focused.

If you are planning on travelling in 2019 then the new Nautilus resort and possibly the Lux North Ari could be worth adding to the list?

Lucerne, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
14 reviews
10. Re: 5 star plus resort?

If you fancy very small and intimate, have a look at Kudadoo. Rooms look amazing plus adults only...

Reply to: 5 star plus resort?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted