We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maldives Cruise or Resort with Water Villa

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Maldives Cruise or Resort with Water Villa

Hi,

We are planning 5 days trip in Maldives. Should we consider a cruise or water villa resort? We are looking for a relaxing less crowded holiday. Also we are traveling in second week of August, is it safe enough to take a cruise at that time, considering there might be bad weather?

Thanks,

Swapneela

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
235 posts
1. Re: Maldives Cruise or Resort with Water Villa

These are two different styles of holiday, so I don't think anyone can tell you which one is 'better' - it's just a question of what you want to do on your holiday.

I'm not sure that there are cruises as such available in the Maldives? There are lots of liveaboards and safari boats, but I think they're more designed for people wanting to dive (although Scuba Spa and The Explorer seem to cater for non-divers). I believe - but can be wrong - that many of these work on a 7-day basis, so a five-night trip may not be an option. Maybe check first to see what's available and if it suits what you're looking for before deciding what to do.

Kat

Northumberland...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,195 posts
56 reviews
2. Re: Maldives Cruise or Resort with Water Villa

Hi SwapneelaB and welcome to the forum.

I think Kat may be right about the boats working on a 7day basis and are mainly geared up for divers and snorkellers. As you are aware August is in the rainy season and the water clarity may not be so good and the sea more choppy. I may be wrong but I think some of these boats may not operate at that time of year.

If you can give us your budget, excluding international flights, and what you would like to do on your trip, eg diving, snorkelling,, this would help with suggestions regarding resorts.

(Hi Kat, nice to see you back)

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Maldives Cruise or Resort with Water Villa

Thank you for the replies. I booked a water villa resort actually (Veligandu Island Resort), was not able to get many options for cruise. Also, thought of avoiding it in August. Next time may be!

Reply to: Maldives Cruise or Resort with Water Villa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted