We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private dining on beach cost

London
Level Contributor
269 posts
37 reviews
38 helpful votes
Private dining on beach cost

Hello. I'm interested to know how much others have paid for private dining experience on the beach? I'll be coming to the Maldives in 3 weeks time. I asked my hotel how much it would cost and they said £500+! It comes with a full package such as chef, special meal etc. But it's still so expensive. I've already paid for half board. I'd be quite happy to just eat my normal buffet meal but on a table on the beach with some candles around the table. Would it look bad if I could ask the hotel if they can provide this?

8 replies to this topic
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
434 posts
64 reviews
79 helpful votes
1. Re: Private dining on beach cost

Depends on the island you have booked and what they offer - we were at Vilamendhoo recently and they offered two different packages one sounds very similar to what you have discussed, the other was a set meal and much cheap if memory serves me approx 75 $ each.

I very much doubt any resort will delivery you your buffet style meal to the beach.

Both options appeared to be popular during our stay and staff worked hard moving equipment on to the beach late afternoon and gett8ng things ready.

Wasn’t someth8ng that appealed to me so not s9mething we did.

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,747 posts
25 reviews
35 helpful votes
2. Re: Private dining on beach cost

As Megg has said what you've been quoted for a "private dining on the beach" seems about right for the "top of the range" experience with a private chef preparing dinner exclusively for you.

However if you can live without the "private/exclusive" element, most resorts offer the opportunity to dine at a table set on the beach but with dinner from one of their restaurants served instead at a lower price.

Where are you staying?

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
3. Re: Private dining on beach cost

The question of where you are staying is the key - many islands already have tables set on the beach anyway which would indeed allow you to take a normal meal in that area.

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
58 reviews
138 helpful votes
4. Re: Private dining on beach cost

A cheap option is to offer room service and then eat on the beach / your villa veranda etc :)

London
Level Contributor
269 posts
37 reviews
38 helpful votes
5. Re: Private dining on beach cost

I've been to Vilamendhoo before and recall seeing guests dining on the beach, hence why I want to do it this time as it looked so intimate. I'd be happy to pay the $75pp price. This time I'm staying at Iru Fushi

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
325 posts
68 reviews
26 helpful votes
6. Re: Private dining on beach cost

We had beach dinner as repeat guests & if I recall also for birthday or anniversary, but the bells & whistles paid for is well worth it.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
7. Re: Private dining on beach cost

On Irufushi the Islanders Grill is automatically set on the beach - the main Iru buffet restaurant is too far from a beach to be workable. Depending on the mealplan you have booked you might automatically be allowed to dine a la sand anyway.

Thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

london
Level Contributor
623 posts
10 reviews
9 helpful votes
8. Re: Private dining on beach cost

I had a private dining experience on a remote sand spit when at Makanudu included speed boat, Chef & Waiter It was about 6 years ago and was only $120 PP it was perhaps the most amazing evening of my life as we had a bioluminescent plankton event on the sandspit I’ll never forget dancing in the sand stars with my wife just magical

Reply to: Private dining on beach cost
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted