We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

....Bad review re Sun Island.... can't understand it....!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Topic
....Bad review re Sun Island.... can't understand it....!!

We were on Sun Island in April this year............ i just cannot understand how bad this all sounds, we encountered absolutely nothing like this latest visitor to post, on Sun Island whilst we were there, and it was busy, it was Easter after all............

I wonder if this person Jameyp123 realised that June was part of the 'rainy' season, i wouldnt personally take the risk and go in this time, altho there are great deals to be had, but i dont recognise Sun Island being described here at all............... i feel very sorry to anyone who has had such a bad experience....!!

..........i personally cannot wait to get back to Sun Island my husband and our two ( very well behaved) children enjoyed ourselves immensely and had nothing to complain about..........

Any comments anyone......? Good or bad........!!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
744 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ....Bad review re Sun Island.... can't understand it....!!

Well I absolutely agree with you, but everyone is so different.

But it didn't sound at all like the island we visited in Apr.

I can only say that I would go back any day of the week, and if you look at all the fantastic reviews it gets, I guess most people would.

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ....Bad review re Sun Island.... can't understand it....!!

the two reviews posted around the same time are completely different.Thats the great thing about this site being individual views.

personally i have never found the food rubbish nor the service poor.i have been in june and had fantastic weather but hey ! look at june here so far !!!.

the pool tables are free so i dont understand the charge?

i will return again and ignore the few brits that you find all over the world sporting england shirts and union towels(that icomment i totally agree with).

each should make up his or hers own mind on sun and jameyp123 is right to air his views.

cfc

ps wb me

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ....Bad review re Sun Island.... can't understand it....!!

Sun Island, Butlins, I don't think so! But this traveller had bad weather, for 3 weeks. Now I'd be gutted and my holiday would of been probably sh#t too!!

You take it in context, look back at the last 20 reviews and 18 are 5/5!! It's a view and there view, so that's that, but we don't have to take notice of it!!.

One mark they gave which was a suprise, that they gave location a 1 !!!!!??? For location, aren't all the Maldives a 5 ??????

We have been to Sun Island 4 times (were're not chavs), we don't drink much, and we have a very well behaved 6 year old !

Yes, there can be rowdy people, only experienced this once and we just moved to a different spot!!

Sun Island, 5* for us!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ....Bad review re Sun Island.... can't understand it....!!

Looking at the Hilton review, looks like the chavs have gone there too!!! lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
653 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ....Bad review re Sun Island.... can't understand it....!!

................. yes lets just hope Maldives are not going down that route i need somewhere to escape from this kind of behaviour, i thought thousands of miles away would DO the trick, world must be getting smaller,,,, eeekk no escape.....!! ha ha.....!!

..............Welcome back cfc, trust you had a great holiday in the Caribbean, Tobago wasn't it...... havent been there yet, no 'chavs' there yet i hope...!! lol...!..?

..................Yes i think 2/3 weeks of rain on my holiday would p*** me off too.... BUT i wouldnt take the chance (personally) and go in the

wet monsoon,,,, holiday too precious to me to risk it, but thats only IMO, and yes i know the rates can/are lower..... think my lot would go mad anyway if we had rain,and yes i also know, that you can get bad weather in the supposed 'dry' monsoon, but i will stick to Feb, March or April......

.................well its July 1st so hoping that we get a better month of weather than the previous 2, glad i went to Maldives in April, if we dont get any summer here in the UK at least i can live on my 2 weeks of glorious sunshine on Sun Island, but i am hoping our weather will turn for the better,,,,,,, please, please...!!!..?? DmM x