We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety in Maldives

Safety in Maldives

Considering the situation in maldives rn (recent India-Maldives controversy) is it safe for us Indian Tourists to visit Maldives? (Family of 4)

We have 3 women and 1 male travelling with us, hence it is very important to consider safety. We are okay with paying a bit extra for safety.

6 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
23 reviews
28 helpful votes
1. Re: Safety in Maldives

I would think a lot of that would depend on where you are going to stay for your holiday. Are you planning on staying at a resort or a local island.

If a resort, I don't see any problems at all. Not sure about the local islands as I don't have any experience.

Ile Amsterdam...
Level Contributor
8,903 posts
111 reviews
176 helpful votes
2. Re: Safety in Maldives

The local islands with a notable number of guest houses will be as safe as resorts.

3. Re: Safety in Maldives

I am planning to stay at resorts like Saii Lagoon or any of the other reputed resorts

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
161 reviews
173 helpful votes
4. Re: Safety in Maldives

In resort islands there is no worry of safety. I certainly recommend Maldives resorts for solo travelling women.

Bishops Stortford...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
3,427 posts
80 reviews
83 helpful votes
5. Re: Safety in Maldives

I don’t think you will have any issue’s whatsoever in many resorts a lot of staff are Indian and I think the issues are primarily at a political level and not directed at tourists in any way.

County Antrim...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
101 reviews
85 helpful votes
6. Re: Safety in Maldives

Is it safe for Maldivian tourists to visit India ?. What are you expecting to happen when you get to a resort island with multiple nationalities working there as staff and multiple guest nationalities ?, .

Reply to: Safety in Maldives
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.