We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Herathera not ready for opening Nov 1st

Torquay, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Herathera not ready for opening Nov 1st

Have you booked like us, paid and are waiting to go to Herathera only to find that you might / will be allocated a different resort? Many travel companies do not seem to be able to give a definite opening date, it just keeps moving back.

First the 1st then the 5th and now possible 11th of November 2007.

Our departure date is the 5th Nov 07.

I would be interested to hear of similar problems / solutions. What rights do we have as customers?

Help please

Maggie

london
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Herathera not ready for opening Nov 1st

Hi

we are due to arrive on Herathera on the 5th

now been told yesterday that we will have to spend the first night on Meeru in a land villia not on the beach

and will be transfered to Herathera tuesday morning remains to be seen

This is coming from hayes and Jarvis but this applies to all travel companies out there

I am not very happy about this

have been told work has been delayed due to rain on Herathera

surley compensation should be due to those who have booked herathera some people went on the 1st and must be spending their fist week at Meeru

where are they getting all this spare accomadation from unless they knew this might happen and kept enough accomadation free on Meeru

London, United...
Level Contributor
337 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Herathera not ready for opening Nov 1st

Thats awful. At least Meeru nice? But still not what you booked though.

chehsire england
Level Contributor
227 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Herathera not ready for opening Nov 1st

If you have booked for Herathera, then that is your contract. If it is not available you should be given the opportunity to cancel (appreciate that is hard, when you are all set to go), or alternatively be given compensation for a (major change) as per the tour ops. terms and conditions; you should not be allocated any accodation of a lower star rating than you have booked.

Have a look at the Package Travel Regulations.

Best wishes, hope you get what you want.

Bristol
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Herathera not ready for opening Nov 1st

Hi,

I hope you managed to have a good holiday.

We are due to go to this resort in December (for Christmas) so I would really appreciate feedback from anyone who has actually managed to stay there. If it is still a building site or facilities are not open then I would prefer to relocate in advance, but it is difficult to find out.

Also we have been advised that we cannot take any religous items with us, but any idea if Christmas cards count or if they allow any form of celebration? They certainly still charge Christmas rates and not just for the flights!!

Regards

Jan & Mark

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Herathera not ready for opening Nov 1st

Jan & Mark,

If I were you, I would DEFINATELY relocate. An honest resort personnel confessed that the resort won't be in good condition until March.

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Herathera not ready for opening Nov 1st

Hi

On this question of relocation we were shut out of Soneva Fushi in 2005 due to overbooking after the holiday had been confirmed. The holiday company tried everthing they could to re locate us to Taj Exotica in a water bungalow on the basis that it was 5 star and allegedly dearer. We refused this on the basis that we had spent a huge amount of time researching and picking the resort we wanted.We maintained that the Maldives is a special case because whereas in maybe Spain or somewhere to be upgraded to a better hotel round the corner is fine or even a result but in the Maldives each island is unique and although the accomodation may be better but the snorkelling is bad it's not acceptable because the later is what you went for.

Were eventually allowed to cancel and all our money was refunded

Regards

Doug

bristol
Level Contributor
358 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Herathera not ready for opening Nov 1st

Chrystalbristol- hello, we are due to fly out from Manchester xmas night for 2 weeks to Herathera,

information thus far states first arrivals to island should be around 3rd December so fingers and everything else crossed!

visit www.herathera.com- they have their own forum on there where alot of us are contributing on a regular basis. Hope to see you there fellow Bristolian.

Regards

Julie

8. Re: Herathera not ready for opening Nov 1st

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 07:17