We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who's the biggest fan?

Nether Wallop
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
Who's the biggest fan?

Be very interested to hear how many times people have been to the Maldives and to how many islands. I'm a novice having only been twice to 2 different islands, but will be back!

Nether Wallop
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Who's the biggest fan?

So, the results so far. Rosemary and Keith are the leaders with 14 visits to 11 different islands. I counted 25 different islands in the replies of which only 7 had been visited by 2 or more couples. Vakarufalhi had the most different people holidaying there. Surprisingly no one mentioned Rangali or Kuredu, which I would have thought would have been among the more popular resorts, all be it for different reasons. Lies, damn lies and statistics! Hope to get more responses to build a bigger, better picture of our Maldives holiday habits.

uk
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Who's the biggest fan?

Hi Kate02,

Its all very confusing!!!!

Wonder why these people need an alter ego???

Giving up now off to oz for 3 months.

Johoo

England
Level Contributor
89 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Who's the biggest fan?

I haven't been keeping up to date with recent postings to fully understand the dual personality postings above!

Anyway, in the name of research, here is my response - I have been twice and visiting for the 3rd time in 3 weeks 1 day 4 hours (yes, count em...!!!)

So, first visit to Meeru, then Kuredu, and this time to Mirihi. Next year... who knows, but another visit is on the cards.

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,098 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Who's the biggest fan?

and as one of the novices, I have been to 3 so far, Sun Island, club faru and Biyadhoo - Sg

Lichfield, England
Level Contributor
472 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Who's the biggest fan?

Hi Johoo,

off to Oz for three months... or off to Oz in 3 months??

Kate

uk
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Who's the biggest fan?

For kate,

need to get away from this silliness onTA.

Also need a bit of r&r.

bfn,

Johoo

Lichfield, England
Level Contributor
472 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Who's the biggest fan?

For Jahoo,

off to Oz for three months or off to Oz in 3 months???

Kate

Lichfield, England
Level Contributor
472 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Who's the biggest fan?

OldDogNewTrick..

only twice for me too, second week in December 05 - Kurumba - had about a day of rain during the whole week. Great. Same week in December last year - Velavaru - had about one day Ok, rest of the time it never stopped raining, gales, thunder and lightning. If anyone tells you the Maldives is OK when the weather is bad, they've never experienced that sort of weather. I've never been so bored in my entire life! However, I'm planning to return, somewhere very special, but only in the "dry" season!! Just wanted to add to your statistical profile. As a child psychologist do you think you're qualified for this or do you require some help?

uk
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: Who's the biggest fan?

Hi Kate02,

Sorry to confuse you when I answered for kate I was meaning for 3months in answer to your question.

Johoo

UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Who's the biggest fan?

First visit to Baros (pre renovation) in November 2003. Supposed to go to Villamendoo on Boxing Day 2004 but of course unable to due to tsunami. Waited until January 2006 to go back to Baros (post renovation). Went to Fihalhohi in July 2007 and going back to Fiha for Christmas and New Year in 2007. Have stayed in budget accommodation and deluxe and in my opinion, it's what's in the sea that matters!!