We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rodent Watch.

incognito
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Rodent Watch.

A recent topic mentioned rats on Sun Island. A TA member points out that probably all the other islands have them as well. It would be interesting to know how big a problem this is. Anybody have any experiences with them on other islands?

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Rodent Watch.

hahaha nor yours to me ! hahahahaha

Dos cerveza, por...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Rodent Watch.

Have you two recently been to Hedonism...........??

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Rodent Watch.

On some Islands i did come across such things as Rodents although some Folks did seem happy to pick them up and kiss them.

The most strange sight i did come across was Two Rodents One wearing Thomas the Tank Trunks and the other wearing a Barbie Girl costume.

When these Two Rodents were stopped from going near the Pool edge they did let out a sound soooooooooo hideous i did retire to my room and turn the TV up loud ;-)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Rodent Watch.

Lol 999, hope you have your crash helmet on!!!!

Devon
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Rodent Watch.

2 in our bathroom! Great fun catching em.

Level Contributor
584 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Rodent Watch.

We saw one rat once in Filitheyo but just that one time and never on any of the other islands.

In May this year we saw a fairly large snake on Royal Island. S shaped on the path by a light and it gave us a bit of a fright (well me not my husband who spent a lot of time looking and hoping to see it again). It slithered away into the undergrowth but we came very close to it. When we asked about it at reception (because we thought there were no snakes in the Maldives) we were told it was a harmless Queen snake.

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Rodent Watch.

here we go ! back to snakes again.feet up on the desk time ! yuck !!!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Rodent Watch.

Lol Jose!!! Sssssnake!!!

Love the new Tiger image mate!!!

Jose, make sure on your next trip you watch, Snakes on a Plane, now that will freek you out!!!lol

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Rodent Watch.

Just the title does Batman never mind the film !!!!!!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Rodent Watch.

why oh why did I read this post ... SNAKES?!? as well as rats?! serves me right ... last year I got all panicked about the sharks in the lagoon - then I saw them ... ! (I know someone said they were baby ones but I imagined its parents would be sticking nearby and be protectice - as I said, I have an overactive imagination)