We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which island has the best house reef?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which island has the best house reef?

In your opinion, which island and/or resort has the best house reef and why?

...Mick

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which island has the best house reef?

Hi Mick

I love the house reef at fihalhoi, it is close to the beach and a phenominal amount of sea life within it.

regards susie

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,141 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which island has the best house reef?

we loved the reef at biyadhoo, it surrounded the island, in places dropped to 30m, so was divable and snorkeling ,easily accessible from the beach by clearly marked channels. One side has more current so you got differences from one side to the other. Also got plenty of reef fish, turtles, moray's and often sharks on the outer reef with babies in the lagoon. We love the island as well but its a very old fashioned resort, going through refurbishment as it does need some TLC and this divides people opinion IE you either love it or hate it.

sg

United States
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which island has the best house reef?

In my humble opinion the best house reef around is Kandholhudhoo hands down.

[url] http://www.maldives.at/kandholhudhoo.html [/url]

Problem is getting a reservation as there aren't that many rooms.

Problem is getting a reservation as there isnt anyplace in the UK or OZ as far as I know that books the place. Most people who have gone there have booked through German travel agent.

Take a look at the pictures on the website listed above.

Also if you go to the following website there are a lot of photos of the island and some of the reef near the end of the slide show. The text is in German so I dont know if that would do you any good but the photos include menus and other info that were photographed that are in English.

[url] http://www.tschauder.de/html/kandholhu.html [/url]

When the web side comes up click on "Direkt zur Diashow" near the top and it will bring up the slideshow.

United States
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which island has the best house reef?

Sorry I tried to get the links to hyperlink but obviously it didnt work. So delete the [url] stuff from the web sites.

Devon
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which island has the best house reef?

Vilamendhoos reef is one of the best. You can tell by looking at aerialphotos and looking for the dropoff right around the island.

6. Re: Which island has the best house reef?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 10:25